What You Need:
- 1 cup refined flour
- ½ cup maize flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ medium raw mango, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Green chutney for drizzling
- Tamarind chutney for drizzling
- Red chilli sauce for drizzling
- Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for topping
- Sev for topping
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick pan. Add turmeric powder, mix and heat for a minute. This is your turmeric-oil.
- Mix together refined flour, maize flour, salt and turmeric-oil in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Dust the worktop with some refined flour. Place the dough on it and roll out into a large disc. Prick all over with a fork and cut into medium-sized discs using a cookie cutter.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the discs on it and roast lightly on both the sides. Remove from heat and shape into tacos using a rolling pin.
- Mix together the potatoes, chilli powder, raw mango and salt in another bowl.
- Fill the tacos with a portion of the potato mixture. Sprinkle some onion on top. Drizzle green chutney, tamarind chutney and chilli sauce. Sprinkle chaat masala and top with coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve immediately.