What You Need:
- 12 ready-made corn tostadas
- A few iceberg lettuce leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- A few fresh parsley sprigs
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels, boiled
- 1 medium green, red and yellow bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1½ cups tomato concasse (peeled and deseeded tomato chopped into tiny pieces)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- To make the topping, heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the boiled corn kernels and the bell peppers and toss for a minute. Stir in the tomato concasse and cook for a while until the mixture thickens.
- Add the paprika and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- To assemble, place the tostadas on a plate and place a piece of lettuce leaf on each. Spoon some corn mixture into each pocket and add some cheese on it.
- Top it with sour cream and serve garnished with parsley sprigs.