What You Need:
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 8 brown bread slices
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons blueberry jam
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
Method:A recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor Master Chef, Author and Television Host
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place a round cookie cutter on each brown bread slice and cut out 8 discs.
- Place the bread discs on a baking tray and toast them in the preheated oven till lightly browned.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and melt it in a non-stick pan. Add the milk and butter and stir till the mixture thickens. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and mix well.
- Grease 4 ramekin molds with butter, place 1 toasted bread disc in each mold and sprinkle some raisins on it.
- Add the vanilla essence to the egg mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate mixture gradually and mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of blueberry jam in each mold, cover with the remaining toasted discs and pour some chocolate mixture over them.
- Roughly chop the remaining bread trimmings and put them equally into the ramekin molds, sprinkle a few raisins and pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top.
- Place the molds in a baking tray, fill it with sufficient water, place it in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the water bath and rest for 15 minutes. Cool down to room temperature, dust icing sugar on top and serve immediately.