Dramatics offers a wide scope of opportunities. You can learn how to direct plays, write scripts, manage lights and sets and even design costumes.
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER YOUR OWN PLAY
- Select a play or create a story on your own.
- Dialogues will need to be created for the characters.
- Decide with your friends who suits each character or role the best.
- Don't go for fancy costumes, you can try creating the play with your existing clothes.
- Memorise your lines and make sure your body language matches with the character.
- Make sure you practice as many times as possible to perfect your performance.
- Try performing in front of your family members and enjoy!
DRAMATICS COURSES IN MUMBAI
- Certificate Course in Dramatics, Mumbai University's Institute of Extra-Mural Studies, Kalina Campus. For details log on to www.extramural.org
- Prithvi Theatre, Juhu
- Madhumati Academy of Acting and Dance, Juhu
- Ashok Kumar's Academy of Dramatic Arts, Chembur